Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sophi

Sophi is my cat.  Her full name is Sophi Georgia O'Keef.  She is part Siamese and part stripped something which is the reason she has striking blue crossed eyes.  She was adopted here in San Angelo just a couple years ago.  Once I figure out how to post pic's I will post one of her.  Anyway, being newly married as WE are, yes he had to marry her too.  Sophi has experienced the finer things in life, windows, lots and lots of windows to watch the vast number of birds that visit us daily.

Lately we have allowed her outside for short periods of time.  I am certain her vision isn't very good so we try to keep close watch on her as she explores.  We toss bird seed on the sidewalk so that Randy (my husband) and I can watch them feed while we sit on the porch and drink our coffee.  This particular day, Randy went on to work and I went inside.  Sophi on the other hand got to stay out and watch the birds......I looked outside the door and there she was hidden in the grass about 3 feet from the birds just watching them.  She never made a move just sat still.  I was amazed. 

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blog world my friend, you will soon get the hang of it. If you get a chance check out my blog. I love cats, I don't have one of my own atm, but I pet all the cats in my neighborhood that will let me and most of them come thru my back yard everyday.

    ReplyDelete